Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Man, the Myth, the Legend.

Sometimes when I listen to Beck, I'm thinking, 'WTF?'.

And other times, like today, I listen and all I can think is, 'what a flippin' genius'.  Beck is a truly amazing artist.  It could just be hormones talking.

Beck has been my all time favorite artist since 1994, when I was 12 and heard "Loser" for the first time.  I go through some long periods without listening, and then when one of his songs gets shuffled in on my ipod, I have to switch to only Beck for a few days.

I recommend "Debra" from Midnite Vultures.  And "Go it Alone" from Guero.  Of course, there are a million other brilliant Beck songs.

He really really really needs to come to North Carolina on tour again.  I've only seen him once, in 1996, which was the LAST TIME he has played a show in NC.  Dork. :)






















Oh, and it just occurred to me, Jared really does look like Beck!! I'm the luckiest girl alive!
Jared:
Hottie Too Trottie
Beck:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, I had never noticed the resemblance until just now. That explains a lot! ;)

Katie Bonk said...

HELLO?? I've been saying that for years!!!

Allison said...

yes, you have and I see what you mean :)