Monday, April 04, 2005

TIRED.......... AGAIN

had an interesting weekend. drove 3 hours to get to durham to see "b" and maksim. went to walmart to buy hairclippers at midnight and discovered the "midnight madness" release of the star wars toys. so i bought five figures (anakin, padme, obiwan, darth vader, and yoda), a cereal box with vader on it, and a DARTH TATER. i'm so happy! .... then on sat. we drove 4 hours to get to kings dominion with closed 30 minutes after we got there due to rain. yay. but they did give us free tickets to come back, which is likely to happen on my birthday, the 30th.. we'll see. so we went to a civil war museum in richmond which was kinda cool.. i saw 150 year old blood on this surgeon's kit. and then they had a boardwalk with quotes on it and one was from april 4, 1865, by abe lincoln: "thank god i lived to see this day" (refering to the seize of richmond and the end of the war). this quote is from 6 days before he died.. cool eh?. then i did nothing but sleep, watch friends, and sleep for the rest of the weekend. kick ass.

3 comments:

Katie Bonk said...

That sucks that you drove all that way and it closed. Where is King's Dominion? We went to one in Cincinnati when I lived there that was called King's Island, and I am hoping that's not the same one and that you didn't drive all the way up there! I'm bummed that I can't get on Flickr today. =b I did get to do some angry writing on my sister blog today though- She has some idiot posting stupid comments about her, and I had to get her back.

Allison said...

king's dominion is slightly north of Richmond, so it wasn't THAT far thankfully.. FLikr hasn't been working? it worked for me earlier...

Katie Bonk said...

Yeah, I haven't been able to get anywhere on Flickr today. Maybe they caught on to me and I've been cut off! =O