Tuesday, October 10, 2006

here's an oldie for ya

since i haven't had a whole lot to blog about lately, i'm gonna take the advice of maggie from her book, which i ordered the other day and show you an old journal entry. not just an OLD journal entry, but my very first journal entry, from 10th grade. i still have my old journal, and still write in it from time to time.

so here goes:

" Saturday, March 21, 1998
I dumped my boyfriend yesterday. But I desperately WANT HIM BACK. He was so perfect. I just got jealous because of Melissa Murph. I HATE her. I don't like to use that word, but I do. I wrote him this letter, put it in his mailbox, realized he wouldn't check his mail til Monday afternoon, then went & reclaimed the letter. I'm going to go to his house tomorrow to just give it to him. God I'm tired"


i only wish i still had this letter, i'm sure it's really awful.. imagine me at 15, with my jnco pants and my bloodhound gang t-shirts and i was in love with this boy, Smokey:



ah, tenth grade. :)

7 comments:

The Wife said...

yay a blog! i wish i had a journal, although i'm sure i wouldn't be too impressed with what i had to say back then. when i woke up and fed the animals this morning, i was really groggy, and had forgotten about our recent living room improvements. when i turned on the lights, it was so exciting. so much better!

Allison said...

yea it looks great..
i'm not too impressed with what I had to say back then either. i hope you were at least amused by my "reading" of the first few entries...

Katie Bonk said...

He looks like a girl.

Anonymous said...

wow, it doesn't look like you've aged a day since 10th grade. :) I kinda wish I had a journal to go back and look at... at least I have some sketch books and stuff from that time.

Anonymous said...

Ever heard of, or thought about submitting old journal entries to http://www.getmortified.com/.
Mortified is a book and a play where people submit/read their old teenage and pre-teen journal entries because they are oh-sooo-funny now that we're older. I'm so bummed I tossed my old diary - I can still recount some juicy and ridiculously embarrasing moments that I wrote down as a teen.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, by the way - linked to you off of a comment you left at Mighty Girl. :-)

Allison said...

thanks! i gotta try that one! i have even worse entries that i need to find if i'm going to do that!