Friday, February 16, 2007

counting sheep.

This has been the LONGEST.week.ever. Maybe it's because of my weird lack of sleep this week. I am one of those people you hate who can sleep pretty much anywhere, anytime of day. I love to sleep, it makes me feel good. For some reason, Tuesday morning I was really tired. I also had cramps so I only worked a half-day and went home to relax the rest of the day. I took a 1 hour nap from 3:30 to 4:30.

When I awoke from my nap, I felt a whole lot better. Refreshed. You would think that everything would be dandy. Tuesday night, however, I could not fall asleep. Why? When I don't get a good night's sleep, it ruins my week. It's like not getting into my college of choice, or finding out I have a giant tumor growing out of my toenail or something.

I assume it has to do with the nap I took. But honestly, an hour long nap should not have kept me from sleeping. I suppose it could have had to do with the next day being Valentine's Day and I knew I would be slammed that night while bar tending after having worked all day at my other job in Lenoir.

Somehow or another I made it through Wednesday, even without having slept well. I was so tired, I took a bath and drank a beer to relax after working. I was slap worn out and could barely move by the time I laid down.

You would think I would have slept like a baby. But no, that is not the case. I had another restless night.

On the brink of madness, and not looking forward to another two-job day, I struggled to peel out of bed yesterday morning. I told Jared I was going to call in sick last night (even though I knew I wasn't really going to). He is my boss now, so I figured maybe if I expressed how truly awfully tired I felt, he'd take pity on me. And he did. Around 5:15 p.m. yesterday, as I was laying with my cat, relaxing for the 5 minutes I had to relax between jobs, he called and rescued me, telling me I didn't need to come in.

He loves me.

And last night I slept like a baby. But I'm still tired and I'm working both jobs today. Tomorrow I'm off though, and I refuse to get out of bed before noon.

2 comments:

Katie Bonk said...

Poor thing. That would be dreadful for me too. I love my sleep as much as you do. Jared gets a gold star for being the best boyfriend ever. What a good guy. :)

Allison said...

yea, i have to agree :)