Friday, October 26, 2007

Rain, rain go away. Well, I guess maybe not..

So, yay rain and all. It's been raining all week. Which is good. For those of you not in the South, (Okay, the one of you) North Carolina (and other South Eastern states) has been in a serious drought this year. Worst drought this century apparently. The lakes are down to the point of having to ban boating.

When we all woke up Monday morning and it was raining, there was a collective sigh of relief all over the area. Then, it kept raining. And it's still raining. The only problem is, it's also coldish. And it's mostly just drizzly rain. We still need it to rain for like a month. Hard rain. Then, it may replenish some things.


My father is convinced it's the beginning of another mini ice age. But then again, he doesn't believe in global warming. And hey, he's one of the smartest guys I know. So I guess it could happen. We'll all find out one day.


I guess the point of this post is just to say that rain makes me really sleepy and when I'm really sleepy, I'm kind of incoherent. Sorry.


2 comments:

Joan said...

The rain makes me want to stay in that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Good grief! That looks worse than Lake Norman! Which lake is that?