Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Youth of Allison.




















This picture pretty much details what I was like from age 11 to age 16. Complete wannabe hippy. I was convinced that I was born in the wrong decade. You know that whole bell bottom fad that started around 1994? Yea, that was me. I started it. I was the first one at my middle school. I broke out my dad's old navy uniforms and wore the pants to school. The jeans in the picture were my Dad's many years ago. I wore flannels, tye-dyes, head bands, round sunglasses, converse, Beatles shirts.. pretty much any cliche hippy garb and I had it on. I would draw flowers, happy faces, hearts and peace signs on all my notebooks. I seriously tried to come up with ways to bring world peace. I used to lie awake at night and imagine how much happier I would be if I had been born into the hippy era.

I've got nothing but love and respect for the people who actually were hippies (and still are), but man, am I glad I grew out of that.

1 comment:

Joan said...

I was a pseudo hippie. I'd go to Grateful Dead concerts dressed as a hippie (90's style) then return to my real world as a banker.