Wednesday, February 13, 2008

explosion!

Today I feel:

-Like I may be coming down with something.. we'll call it .. Ass. I feel like ass.
Why? Probably because yesterday I called in sick for a headache. I did have a headache, and it sucked.. but I probably still could have sat at my office. On Tuesdays I'm supposed to be outside GPSn, but I couldn't fathom doing that with my head esploding (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose). Anywho apparently I should have just sucked it up and worked because now I can tell that I'm going to be actually sick and I don't want to use another sick day this week.

-Very Poor. I need to stop going out on weekends and save up for Vegas. It occured to me last night that I only have about $20.00 of spending money (that doesn't include savings) to get me through until Friday when I get paid. Normally this would be fine, since that's only 2 days away. But lucky for me, tomorrow is Valentines Day. Lucky of luckyness, Jared and I are both off tomorrow night and I will spend my first Valentines Day ever with a boyfriend (last year we both had to work all day so it didn't count). We are planning on going to either Asheville or Boone. Anyone have any suggestions of nice restaurants in Asheville? The point is this won't exactly be cheap. Not like we're going to go crazy or anything. I'm just saying it will probably cost us more than $20.00. Also, I'm going to have eat lunch today and tomorrow, so that will probably knock out the rest of my cash.

I've been reading a book about Las Vegas (Dummy's Guide to Vegas- which is actually quite good) and I can already tell I'm not going to come out of there without spending way too much money. I really want to see Cirque Du Soleil but I know tickets can cost like $200.00. Grr. I refuse to spend that much money on entertainment. Also, the month of April can be the costliest month to go to Vegas. That's just when our friends picked to get married there. We will survive though.

On top of all of this, Monday sucked huge walnuts. I got home from work and got my tax bill for my car, which is due at the end of the month (usually they give you longer!) and then on my way to trivia that night, I got a speeding ticket! Gah! 34 in a 25. Not bad, but still enough to ruin my day, week, month, etc. I was in such a funk that that's probably where my headache the next day came from.

-Lazy. I spent all day yesterday nestled on the couch, except for when Jared dragged me to IHOP. I could stand to sleep another week or so.

I know this post has been a lot of complaining, but this week I just don't feel much positivity. Good thing Jared is so sweet to me.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Try to focus on the positive like having Jared and those other 2 guys you live with.

Lovey said...

Heath and I love the Jerusalem Garden Cafe' in Asheville. It's Moroccan/Middle Eastern, but VERY VERY GOOD.
I don't know if you're offended by lamb, tho. They cook a lot of it there. BUT GREAT FOOD. You'll need reservations.
Oh! And they have belly dancers on Friday/Saturday nights.
Happy VD!

Katie Bonk said...

I sorry. :( Hopefully today will make up for it all.