Thursday, September 18, 2008

aye! avast!

Tomorrow is another one of my favorite days of the year, Talk Like a Pirate Day!

I'm not great at celebrating it because I'm usually at work and such, but tomorrow I plan on giving it the old college try.

For those of you who weren't around a couple of years ago when I posted them, here are the top ten pirate pickup lines again:

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.

(Go to the website for even more.)

If you're not sure what to say or how to say it, here's a handy translator for you.

Go celebrate!!

Arrrr!!

3 comments:

Lovey said...

aye, matey. It be my fav'rite hollyday!

Unknown said...

Hell yes! Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot!

Joan said...

I thought I only had Friday to look forward to.