Thursday, September 11, 2008

GPSd out.

I have a new schedule that has started this week with my job. I used to only be in the field two days a week, on Mondays and Tuesdays. Now, since I'm not working in Lenoir anymore, and they need more people in Morganton, I am in Morganton two days a week. So Mondays and Tuesdays I am in the field in Morganton (meaning I have no computer access during the day) and on Wednesdays I am in the field in Hickory (no computer access most of the day).

This is the reason blogging has been so very very sparse lately. I am not a fan. But it's better than not having a job so I won't complain too much. I will say this however: Sometimes it's a nasty, yucky job. For instance first thing Tuesday morning when I opened a water meter and found this:
Man eating slug.

You should really see the large size for the full effect. It's a man-eating slug. He's about 7 inches long and slimy. I almost vomited.

I see a lot of weird things while out and about GPSn. Especially now that I'm in Morganton. Lots and lots and lots of black widows. I've seen pet geese, people burning trash right in front of me, and a few weeks ago we saw a garage set up with a confederate flag with a noose hanging in front of it. Lovely.

I have an entire flickr set dedicated to stuff seen while GPSn. It's still a work in progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

holey schikes! That slug looks like he can suck your face right off! Do be careful around those black widows!

Carmen said...

Ewww. Last night we had 8 slugs on our back porch. I took pictures of them all, then Jon threw salt on them, because we had no beer. Wanna see Burn After Reading today at 5:20?

Hayward Carpenters said...

I enjooyed reading this