Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Four Days In South Carolina

Anyone who knows me knows I am not a fan of the state of South Carolina. I know this is awful, because it's a state, and it's part of the US, but let's not forget that SC didn't always want to be a part of the US. And also, They just wish they were North Carolina. Can't even get their own football team. Sheesh.

I know that some poor people are unfortunate enough to be born in South Carolina. While I feel for these people, I also don't understand why they don't move away as soon as they are old enough. And people who move there? What is that? Okay, I can understand moving there for important (and temporary) reasons, like law school. But moving there for any other reason? Why?

The last experience I had in SC was in Charleston where got rained on all day, then got stuck in an hours-long traffic jam on the way home. I am going to SC tomorrow to go to the beach. I know that SC will probably treat me bad, but I am giving it a chance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I thought I was they only one who hated South Carolina for just being there! I keep swearing to myself that I'll never move there no matter how broke I am...

Joan said...

Maybe things will turn out differently for a change. I like Charleston okay but not Myrtle.

Katie Bonk said...

I LOVE SC! Well, parts of it. I can't stand Myrtle, but I love Charleston and Columbia. And Daniel's whole family is from Spartanburg and Saluda, SC, so we visit there a lot and it's always fun. :)

I hope you have a good trip!!!