Monday, January 05, 2009

Homicidal.

I may be a little too into the whole "CSI" thing lately.. I started reading a lot of Patricia Cornwell books two years ago, after a suggestion from a friend.

Since then, I have been unable to stop reading crime solving books. I have read all of the Scarpetta books by Patricia Cornwell (with the exception of the new one, which I am several chapters deep in). I have also been reading a lot of Kathy Reichs books, and I read a Marry Higgins Clark book.

There is nothing wrong with reading a good book, but also, I've been watching a lot of CS: Miami, and a lot of Bones (of course, there is more than one reason to watch Bones).

Again, these are seemingly normal activities, right? Well, last night Carmen, Jon, and I watched Zodiac. It was a darn good movie, but... it totally kept me up last night. I laid there in bed for hours going over the story in my head again. I don't know why. The gruesome scenes aren't even the ones I was thinking about. It was the crime solving bits.

When I was young, I used to watch the X-files a lot, which led me to want to be a forensic scientist. Of course, once I realized you had to go to a lot more school for that, I gave up on it.


The point of this all is to say that maybe I should back off on all the homicide stories.

Maybe.


After I finish this book..


And the other two books I borrowed from my mom...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. maybe I forsee a career change in your future!

Joan said...

I loved X Files. I read most of Patricia Cornwell books, too.

Unknown said...

Zodiac is a really awesome movie... definitely one you'll still be thinking about the next day.

For some reason I'm really into all the shows about real crimes like Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, First 48... you know, that kind of stuff, but I can't get into shows like CSI. I was a huge X-files fan though.