Friday, June 15, 2007

Mugblood

So, for the past few months, I've been re-reading the Harry Potter books to get ready for the new movie and final book. I was speeding along pretty fast with The Sorcerer's Stone (book 1), The Chamber of Secrets (book 2) and The Prisoner of Azkaban (book 3). About 3 weeks ago I started on The Goblet of Fire. It feels like I've been reading it for 2 years. I've read it before and I knew most of the story, but since the movie leaves things out and I wanted to remember them for the next book, I needed to read it all the way through. This book is not as good as the others. It is so. long.

Yesterday I finished reading the part where he gets back to the tournament after meeting with Voldemort. I totally thought I was going to finish it yesterday. Then I kept reading. And kept reading. Curious, I looked at the page numbers on the page I was on and the last page and realized I still had 50 pages to go. 50!! and I was already past the climax of the story. The resolution takes more than 50 pages! arrgh!

I know I've read it before and should have remembered it was so long, but I didn't. I hope tonight I have time in between my two jobs to finish it off. I'd really like to finish reading the last 2 before July 21st when Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows (the last book!!) comes out. I'm a slow reader. I never could get all my BookIt! star stickers.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I'm probably the only one who hasn't read Harry Potter. I have the first book. I may read it. C's a big reader and it may interest her. Right now I'm going through the 9th grade required summer reading. I've read one book and on my 2nd. My son's plan is to read them in August so he will remember them when school starts.

Allison said...

C might like the first couple, but they start to get kind of dark after the third book..

I used to wait until August too. Then I would wait more. Then I would just watch the movie if their was one and fake my way through it if there wasn't. I didn't like reading in high school. I do now though.