Monday, July 07, 2008

ReCAPLOCKS

So, I ended up having a pretty decent week last week. For Thursday (which was really Friday) I had dinner (well, beer) with Daniel and Katie at Backstreets. Then, Jared and I played poker at Carmen's with her, Matt and Brian. It was a $1.00 game, but we still had fun! Jared ended up winning the biggest part of the $6.00 pot.

Then Friday I got up early (10:00 am) and went to my Dad's up in Ashe County for his cookout. There I had a ton of fun with my brother Alan and my Sister-in-Law Wendy, my brother Scott, my nieces, and my step siblings and all.

We barbequed and watched the kids play in the kiddie pool. We had a family viewing of Jeopardy (we all love the trivia) and then we all played with our cheapo Wal-Mart fireworks. Then, it was time to go with Alan, Wendy and Elora up to Grayson Highlands where I shared their pop-up tent, wine, and s'mores!

When I was a kid, we used to camp there all the time, so I was loving the trip down memory lane. On Saturday, the four of us went to West Jefferson to the Christmas in July Festival, and to Boone to Macado's for lunch, and then to Blowing Rock to the Shoppes on the Parkway where I got some capris at J. Crew.

That was the first time I ever bought anything at J. Crew and also the first time I've ever bought capri Pants. I'm still not sure wether I like them or not..

Tonight was trivia at Beef O' Brady's in Hickory. It was fun, and hopefully next week we can get more people in there and it will be even better.

Pictures from this weekend:
Madelyn trying to splash me.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

*and Carmen won the other part of the 6 dollar pot.

I'm glad you had fun. Trivia for real needs more folks.

Joan said...

We were at Boone Bagelry Saturday for a late breakfast. Too bad we didn't see you last weekend while we were roaming the town.
Sounds like you had a good time.