Thursday, September 20, 2007

*Warning!* Gynecology in Post!

This week I have a reason to be celebratory. For the first time since last May (2006!) I got to leave the girl doctor with the intention of not going back for a year!

Since finding "bad cells" last year, I have had to go back at least every three months. Sometimes I had to go back once a month. I went three times in June, and twice in July. I've had 2 different "minor tests" and one minor surgery, where I was placed under anesthesia. It sucked. And it was expensive. And somewhere in the midst of all that I was put on Yaz.

But now? As of Monday, I don't have to go back for a year! Yay! My doctor was as excited as me, I think. Not that she's happy not to see me or anything. I really like my doctor. She never makes me feel uncomfortable, not even in the "stirrups".

It's a strange thing when going to the girl doctor doesn't phase you because you're so used to it. Bleh.

Not anymore!
(Well, of course that is depending on the results from this past test. The last 4 have been normal, so I'm assuming this one will be too.)

4 comments:

Joan said...

I'm sure your results will be fine. Glad it's seem to be over for you.

Stacey said...

yay! congrats on not having to show your cooch to anyone you don't have to for a good year! :)

Allison said...

hahaha thanks!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain sister. uterine and cervical cancer runs in my family and a period from 25-30 I would have to go every 3 months for abnormal cells. now I have been normal and only have to go once a year!