Friday, May 16, 2008

A Poem About Eric Tucker

by Allison, circa 1995ish

Blood hot water in a boiling pan.
It could burn the flesh of his long, slender hand.
He walked outside in the cold winter air.
Wondering if his love is something he should share.
The girl loves him, he's not sure why.
Will she love him until she dies?
His hair is swimming as he walks down the street,
Hearing his heart as it loudly beats.
Her heart only bares compassion for him.
His romantic ways fill it up to the rim.
Does he like her? I think so.
But only he can ever know.

*finger snapping* *finger snapping* *finger snapping*


p.s. If you've ever wondered where the '520' in my screen name comes from, here's the story. For like 3 solid years in middle and high school I was in L.O.V.E. with Eric Tucker (who did not share this feeling, I guess- I never told him of my undying teenage love). Instead of talking about him outright to my friends, I used code.

5 for 'E' because it's the fifth letter of the alphabet,
and 20 for 'T' because it's the twentieth letter.

So, 520 became my favorite/lucky number. It got stuck and now it's here for good.

Teehee!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ahahahaha, I love you, Allison.

Carmen said...

I don't remember Eric Tucker. But I wish he would read your blog.

Joan said...

That was so high school-ish! My Eric Tucker was named Greg. For about a year I thought your birthday was May 20th.

Lovey said...

wow. Thanks for the laugh today! That was awesome!

Marie said...

What ever happened to 520?

Allison said...

Marie- I have no idea what happened to him. He moved away between sophomore and junior years of high school.