Sunday, November 11, 2007

Collection #11: Romance Novels

This one's pretty self explanatory. I collect romance novels. Or at least, I used to. Not as much anymore. When I lived at the beach during my summer internship with the QAR project, I didn't have cable. I lived in a dorm. I had a tv and dvd player and all of my dvd's, but I had no cable. I got awfully bored the first few weeks and decided to go ahead and read some. I've never been a big reader. Instead of finding a library, I decided to go to Wal-Mart and buy a few books. The romance novel section had some interesting selections, that I loved. That summer I read 24 romance novels. They were all basically the same with different characters and different situations, but I didn't care. At the end of the summer, instead of moving them with me in my car back to K-town, I gave them to my roomies and told them to take them to the used book store and keep the money. I'm charitable like that.

I still enjoy romance novels, but I don't read them as much. I've branched out since then. Now I read pirate books, Harry Potter books, and suspence. I read a John Grisham book last month, and now I'm reading some Patricia Cornwell. Good stuff.

No comments: